Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Paint My World

Paint My World
16 x 20 acrylic paint

This recent painting is a bit out of my comfort zone. It features some realistic elements, but has combined them in more of an abstract style.

I like painting realistic historic buildings, like these:


but I usually paint the entire building.

In Paint My World, I decided to show just a section of the stonework of an old building, receding into the shadows of “times gone by”. I showed the young girl painting her ideas (plants, flowers, florescent colors) over the dull cold stones of the past.

I like the combination of buildings and people to tell a story or show a viewpoint. Using this kind of “story telling” lets me indulge in painting “some of my favorite things”. I also like the idea that, in our own minds at least, we might color the world to express our dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment